Rules and General Information
- Tuition listed below is per dancer.
- Tuition is due the first week of each Semester.
- If you decide to withdraw/transfer from the school you must notify the teacher in writing/e-mail or you will be charged tuition for that semester. Please Note: Written notification must be received within 3wks of the start of the semester in order to receive HALF of the tuition. After the 3rd week of the semester NO refund will be given.
Yearly Family Registration:
One Class Per Week:
- Class 1 - $325/semester
- Class 2 - $400/semester
- Class 3 - $450/semester
Multiple Classes Per Week:
- Class 1 - N/A
- Class 2 - $595/semester
- Class 3 - $750/semester
Teams PLUS Solo classes:
(*Teams TBD based on MARO 2021 syllabus*)
Private and Semi-Private Lessons are open to all students.
Privates includes warm ups, drills, steps, cool down/stretching
- 1 Dancer/Lesson: 45 minutes Cost: Teacher: $75
- 2 Dancers/Lesson: 60 minutes Cost: Teacher: $50/dancer
Class 1 - Beginner
- This class is for any student who has never taken Irish Dancing lessons. It is also for students who only have learned one dance
Class 2 - Advanced Beginner/Novice/Prizewinner
- This class is for any dancer with more than one year of lessons. Dancers would be competing in advanced beginner, novice and just into prizewinner levels. It also includes dancers who have competed at feisanna or danced in shows. Dancers will learn both light and hard shoe dances. Dancers at this level are expected to compete at a minimum of 3 feisanna a year.
Class 3 - Prizewinner and Preliminary / Open Championships
- This class is for dancers who compete in Prizewinners regularly and will be preparing for champions as well as Preliminary or Open championships throughout the year. Dancers at this level are expected to compete at a minimum of 3 feisanna a year.
Solo Classes (1,2, or 3) + Teams
- This class is for dancers who take solo classes AND compete in team competitions at the Regional, National or International levels. This includes all extra practices for regional and national competitions per semester.
- This is for dancers who no longer attend solo classes but wish to participate in team competitions at the Regional, National or International level as well as in local feisanna that offer team competition.
- Drop off and pick up children PROMPTLY. Parents are not permitted to watch during the class, unless requested.
- Please speak to the teachers between classes or e-mail them. Talking with them during class, takes time away from dancers.
- When waiting for the class to end, please keep siblings quiet. Running, and garbage left in the hallway is not permitted.
- NO FOOD allowed in the class. Please ensure your child eats before/after the class. Only drinks are allowed in class.
CLASS & PERFORMANCE ATTIRE:
- O'Sullivan School t-shirts are to be worn as the proper class attire and are available for purchase. Please see the link on the school website to purchase school apparel.
- Shoes: Beginners: soft shoes only. Advanced Beginner - Open: soft and hard shoes required.
- COSTUMES: Details regarding costumes (Beginner-Open) are available at class and given out as needed.
- Teachers will move dancers along as appropriate (i.e. Adv. Beg.- Nov. or Nov. to Prizewinner or to Championship)
- The teachers will instruct parents as to which competitions (reel, jig, etc.) to enter for feisanna.
- Competing in the Regional Oireachtas: The dancer MUST place in a preliminary championship to be entered for solos. Only the teachers can make any exceptions to this rule.
- Some local competitions offer team competitions. Once teams are learned, the teachers will determine who is on which team.
- If your child is attending the Regional Qualifying (Oireachtas) or a National/World Competition for solos, it is expected that they will participate in teams.
- Team Alternate: In major competitions, each team will have an alternate/substitute that trains and practices with the team. In case of an injury or if a dancer is not participating to their fullest potential, the teachers have every right to have the alternate dance in place of another dancer.
- ALL dancers, Beginner through Championships, are strongly encouraged participate in all shows.
- A variety of levels are showcased in each performance.
- Length of performance depends on the type of event and the venue.
- The show schedule will be posted as the contracts are returned.
To hire us for performances please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org